Monday, August 6, 2007

Can’t start Compaq notebook. Can’t start Compaq laptop. Can’t turn on Compaq.

Can’t start Compaq notebook. Can’t start Compaq laptop. Can’t turn on Compaq.

I've always had respect to HP.
Since they took over Compaq – I have respect to this brand as well and buying their products, usually laptops. I have good memory for Compaq durability.

Lately I had a problem with my notebook (about 3 years old most of the time - in the car).

Now I have some more respect to HP because of the way they resolved my problem.
It took about 3 minutes chatting with online support.

Alex: HI
Shannon: Hello Alex.
Shannon: Welcome To HP Total Care for Presario Notebooks. My name is Shannon How may I assist you today?
Alex: I have a problem with my Compaq v2030us
Alex: Lately when I shut down the computer, I can't turn it on.
Shannon: Please go ahead with your query.
Shannon: Could you please elobrate the issue?
Alex: That's not about Windows - I simply can't START the HARDWARE. When I press ON button - I can see light for a second, after that it goes dead again.
Alex: If I try 20-30 times - I may get lucky and make it work again.
Shannon: Thank you for the information.
Alex: If I restart the computer - no problems, only if I shut it down.
Shannon: Please perform the following steps and let me know the results:

1.Disconnect the AC Adapter.

2. Remove the battery

3.Hold the Power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

4.Reconnect the AC adapter.

5.Turn on the notebook power.

Alex: OK - I will try, but now I'm using same computer. If I can't get you back, I will start talk with next rep from those steps.
Alex: Thanks.

That was it. Now my baby is working fine again…

Labels:

7 Comments:

At June 17, 2011 at 11:44 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

American Empire Limousine has been serving for many years. Our stated customer service goal is to provide you with quality Wedding limos NJ service, professional chauffeurs, and a wide selection of vehicles for your travel requirements at different occasions of your life like Wedding, Engagement, and Bachelors Party. They provide fantastic Wedding Limos NJ services.
http://www.americanempirelimo.com/nj-wedding-limousine.php

 
At August 23, 2011 at 2:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi...Your post really got me thinking man..... an intelligent piece ,I must say. Get more information about Limos .

 
At March 17, 2012 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Limos said...

a great nj limo service.
Bus charter dc

Limo service dc

Limo service baltimore

Limo quote

Limo in dc

dc limo services

 
At March 21, 2012 at 5:20 AM , Blogger John Phillips said...

I hope this suggestion will be quite supportive for us. I would like to appreciate such a nice and informative post.
car rental Singapore
car rental

 
At February 19, 2013 at 4:19 AM , Blogger David John said...

You can witness a complete makeover of the interiors with so many options available to pick from
singapore limousine

 
At June 7, 2013 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am very amazed by the information of this blog and i am glad i had a look over the blog. thank you so much for sharing such great information.
Private Car & limousine service

 
At April 26, 2014 at 9:52 AM , Blogger princeton taxi said...

I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me.I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.
To get new information visit here
new jersey limo
new jersey car service
airport taxi new jersey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home